Thursday, January 28, 2010

Actually It's You Who Would Do That

This morning he emailed me to say that he'd called our youngest son's advisor at school about some comments a teacher made on his report card. He didn't tell me what the advisor said (which of course I DID want to know) but said that if he had misspelled the advisor's name in his email to me (which he did) for me not to correct him.
This is pretty funny coming from someone who always has to let me know if I ever make a mistake in anything that I say or write. It's like a compulsion with him - a need to not only be right, but to make sure that I KNOW that he's right.
I on the other hand, rarely tell him when he's made a mistake although I will admit that I do sometimes check on his facts. But it's enough for me to know that I'm right and I don't feel the need to tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment